More companies are switching to the idea of colocation to benefit their business requirements - finding the shared responsibility of IT systems an ideal situation for operational efficiency.
If you are considering colocation as the next step for your business you will need to weigh up the pros and cons before coming to a decision.
As always, we recommend that you get the right advice from an industry professional and here at Pure we have a wealth of experience in setting up shared responsibility of a client’s IT infrastructure with a cloud provider.
Colocation means having your networking equipment and servers housed at a third-party secure data centre base.
With this robust security in place, your cloud provider ensures your systems are always online and operating safely.
We always use privately-owned data centres which guarantee the security and connectivity you will need to operate a successful business and additional benefits of a third-party base include lower maintenance costs and a reduction of office space.
The benefits of colocation and how we can help:
- Flexibility - Colocation provides the ability to do whatever you need to fulfil business requirements without any disruption to your infrastructure.
- Security - Data centres we use are fully secure, have round-the-clock CCTV and manned security.
- Reduced costs - We take away the stresses of building and maintaining on-site infrastructure by taking on the cost of getting and keeping you up and running through a data centre.
- Disaster recovery - Have the peace of mind from knowing we have worked through a plan with you and provided the best solution for your business should the worst happen.
- Space - You decide how much space you will require, anything from ¼ rack through to bespoke private cages - all of which we can manage on your behalf if you so wish.
- Power - You will need to estimate how many and what type of power sockets you will need. A good estimation of the amount of power needed can be gauged by existing use.
- Network - Always check if it is important to be with a particular network as telecommunications providers will have a Point of Presence at many colocation sites or have relationships with partners that do. This is another aspect Pure will be happy to help you with.
Our team is fully aware that every business has different needs and objectives. We always provide tailor-made solutions for individual requirements, meaning we have a unique relationship with our clients. You can always rely on our promise of high quality service and excellent after sale support.